If you’ve been anywhere on this side of heaven you know that Shonda Rhimes’ hit ABC Show, Scandal is the hottest show on television! Women have tuned in by the millions leaving some Men scratching their heads wondering, “Why?” Well, here’s 7 good reasons why I believe Men should be side by side watching every episode with their significant others!
- It’ll make you a Smarter Man. You’ll learn how to handle a Boss Chick like Olivia Pope. Scandal provides Men an insider view into the mind of highly educated, professionally driven, business savvy, beautiful Women who may struggle with feeling romantically unfulfilled.
- Scandal is a Break-up Barometer. Here’s how this works. Whenever something bad happens to Olivia Pope from a romantic perspective, PAY ATTENTION to how your Woman looks, treats or responds to you during the commercial break! Example: If she cuddles closer, sneaks a quick kiss or says something like, “I’m glad I have a Man like you,” you’re in the clear. Now if she shifts to the other side of the couch, rolls her eyes, stares hard at the screen without glancing or speaking to you at ALL… you’re probably heading towards a Break-up! (You may wanna start doing the OPPOSITE of whatever just happened to Olivia!)
- She’ll love you MORE. She’s planned for Scandal, researched it online, has talked to ALL of her girlfriends and everyone else about what has and will happen during this episode, Except YOU! If you Paying attention to something she’s interested in for 45 minutes earns you about 45 days of her bragging to her girlfriends about how “Attentive and considerate you are.”
- Umm can you say Kerry Washington? You get a FREE pass to watch Kerry Washington (who stars as Olivia Pope) without getting in trouble! C’mon… do I really need to say more?
- “Y’all Gone Learn Today!” Understanding women’s complicated existential daily cyclical battle with emotional schizophrenia is Priceless! In Man-language: Your Woman has emotions you will never understand, BUT the emotional roller-coaster ride of Scandal gives you a quick cliff notes version of what she requires, needs and wants from YOU! Your job is to ask a minimum of TWO questions about “feelings.” Example: “How did you feel about what he said or what he did?” Then just let her talk and revert back to Man-law Chapter 39 -Verse 12: (Pretend you’re listening by nodding and occasionally saying Uh huh, for real, wow, etc)
- Follow Fitz! Listen, when Fitz romantically turns on Olivia… your Woman gets TURNED ON TOO! She knows Olivia’s relationship with Fitz is wrong, but her hopeless romantic yearning and fantasies of true love winning in the end keeps her connected to Olivia’s erotic escapades of ecstasy. Simply put… Role-play and do to your Woman whatever Fitz romantically does to Olivia on screen!
- Scandal is your Pre-game Warm-up. The game comes on at 8:25. So YES, you’ll miss the kick-off but TRUST ME, watching Scandal with her at 8:00 will get YOU in the End-zone AFTER the game is off! Touchdown! LOL
Tune in and I hope you enjoy the show as much as the millions of other Gladiators!!!